BiG NeWs!! Blogger and author Amy Holder is giving away a signed ARC copy of her upcoming novel The Lipstick Laws and three lucky winners will be receiving $30 Amazon giftcards! So be sure to jump over there when you're done reading my ridiculously awesome truth thursday :)
I love Truth Thursdays!!! Today is extra special, it's just my views on books I've read, I've heard of, and more!
1. Zombies scare me. Just the thought of something that has no problem having someone say “FLESH-EATING ZOMBIES” isn’t right. I mean, why not try and be a vegan Zombie? Maybe I’d consider changing my opinion of you?
2. Does anyone else find it wrong that people are falling in love with animals these days? I mean come on… Jacob is part werewolf, isn’t that enough to make you run away? Teen Wolf anyone? Yeah I’m not down with that… I’d rather go with the sparkly vampire (sorry Candyland) as wrong as I think sparkles on vampires are, loving a wet dog just doesn’t work for me.
3. Why does everyone give Voldemort such a bad wrap? I mean is he really that bad of a guy? Harry spends all his time rubbing the fact that he has friends in Voldemorts face; I’d be pissed off to and wants to ring his little neck. Besides sometimes Harry whines a little too much, and I’ve never been a fan of whiners.
4. If I were to be a princess I would like to be Anne Hathaway’s version. Anyone who can get away with saying “Shut up” and have a cat named Fat Louie while still maintaining royal status is A-Okay in my book. Seriously she gets to wear jewels, kick ass dresses, AND slide down an air mattress on royal stairs, what could be better than that?
5. I’ve been thinking about Fairytale land and who I’d rather be. This one was tough, Sleeping Beauty is just a princess who is asleep waiting to die, Snow White has to take care of some very opinionated and bossy little dwarfs, Belle is forced to be with a Beast that has serious anger management issues, Jasmine wants to take a life of riches to marrying a dirty “street rat” (their words not mine) and Ariel doesn’t understand how cool being a mermaid is. Are these women really that dense? They really make us look bad. However if I had to choose I suppose Ariel would win, and that is only if (ONLY IF) I get to remain a mermaid and the Prince turns into a sexy Merman… don’t believe it can happen? Read Forgive My Fins.
So what are your truths? Care to work off mine, opinions are welcome :)
"wet do" *snort*.
Um... my first novel was a zombie novel, it's hiding in a dusty file--but hey, were more humane zombies...uh, yeah *sigh* ;--)
My truth is that I've only read the first Harry Potter book and unlike all the millions of devoted HP fans out there...I have no clue how the series is going to end!
Zombies freak me out so much and I would love to be a Ariel...hahaha..Under the water all the time...Great!
I'm with you on humans falling in love w/ dogs being gross and I too would go for the sparkly vampire, but if I were a princess I would want to be Cinderella, or wait do Disney Princesses not count?
my truth, I don't read horror very often, I havn't read a single HP book, nor do I want to, and well vampires are better than were wolves unless your reading Patricia Briggs
I may have to work on converting you to zombie appreciation.
You think if I threw sparkles on the zombies, they might be a little more attractive? ;)
I'd go with the sparkly vampire too :) Vegan zombies *snort* sooooo funny, I actually wrote a short story about zombies and I have no idea why because zombies scare the crap out of me!!
And I always thought Voldemort was a little misunderstood. I mean look at his family history, his Grandpa, and uncle. CRAZY!! ;)
I really want to read Forgive My Fins now. I always, always wanted to be Ariel. She was 'my' princess.
Very funny truth Thursday! Being a mermaid would be pretty cool. I don't think I'd miss stuff like grass. But I don't eat fish, so that's a problem.
LOL! Jen- you're the best!
but vampires.. yuck! you want to kiss that bloody mouth... blech!
werewolves are only wolfy at times the rest of the time- totally human (depending on the story of course) vampires are always vamps... but of course my opinion may be colored by being entirely smitten over George from Being Human...
(and aren't all men animals anyway?) :)
*giggle fit* I love this post I laughed the whole time.
Zombies-not a fan at all.
LOL wet dog. Okay, here's the thing. I couldn't fall for either wolf or vampire. Nope neither. Both ideas gross me out. Ones turns into a furry creature and the other would have bloody breath, always be cold, and in this case sparkle. I don't want a man that feels like a marble rock and sparkles like one too.Not to mention they are technically dead and therfore a bit like zombies if you think about it. I prefer the shapeshifter as you well know. Not the one who shifts into an animal but into another human.
Aww..you forgot Cinderella. She is maybe the first rags to riches? Although she was really riches to begin with, stupid step sisters. She is my fave though. ;)
A week ago, I would have agreed with that bit about werewolves, but just finished reading Soulless by Gail Carriger, and am now thinking that werewolves can be a bit appealing.
This is great Jen, and you're so right about the Disney princess thing. I'd want to be Ariel too!!
YES YES to all of this. :D Ahh, Ariel. You gave up everything I ever wanted as a 6-year-old. *pines*
I've never understood the zombie fascination either and I definitely hear you on the wet dog thing!
As far as the princess thing, my favorite was always Cinderella.
I am not sure if I should admit this or not...... but these posts are the highlight of my Thursdays haha
I'd want to be MULAN!!! She freaking saves a whole country! Now that's kick-ass!
I don't read Zombie books. *shudders*
Yep, there's little danger of me falling in love with a werewolf. I like my boys to be human, please. Also, so true about fairy tale heroines--they tend to not have much spunk and to fall in love with bland or dangerous men. So not interesting.
Respectfully, I must insist that werewolves are way sexier than vampires (with or without sparkles). Something about that inner struggle with their animal nature just makes my heart go piddy-pat. Oh, and I'd be Belle, absolutely.
What abut the mer-people in GoF? They were not pretty little mermaids. lol
Besides Harry's bit of whining, Voldy had (spoiler alert -he's dead) some serious anger and daddy issues.
I've never been a big princess kind of gal but I will agree on the Ann Hathaway comment.
Awesome post! I'm with you on the zombies. While I can appreciate and enjoy a well-done zombie story, they've never really been my thing. Maybe someone will one day change my mind.
him miss jen! wow zombies and werewolfs are soooo cool. those flesh eating ones are cooler. :)
voldemont is uncool. hes got bad hair. ha ha princesses are mostly pretty neat. i want to be the prince on a white horse that saves everyone from the zoombies and werewolfs. but maybe not prince charming cause you cant be all sweety and still zap out those bad guys. you always get me laughing.
...ha ha and hugs from lenny
"Vegan Zombies" *snort!*
How 'bout we talk about Voldie's obsesssion with a teenager. I mean, c'mon!! He's a TEENAGER! And Voldie's a what, 70 year-old-man. Get over it already! Perv! ;o)
Personally, I think Mulan kicks butt. Much better role model, IMHO.
Not sure if I'm sympathetic with Voldie, but poor Severus Snape is seriously undervalued. I mean, he's a devastating tragedy, even if he is a Slytherin. (And in Harry's defense, his whiny stage pretty much ends after Book 5. Book 6 and 7, he pretty much becomes the Man Of My Dreams.)
And I'm a bit partial to Beauty & the Beast, given that I've retold it in novel-form, but when I was a wee lass, I wanted to be a mermaid more than anything else in the world. "Under the water, that's where it's hotter..."
Love these, Jen! I'm with you - zombies creep me out!
My truth, hmm. I haven't read any Harry Potter OR Twilight!
My truth is I hacked off all my hair today (at the salon, I mean. Not with a pair of dull scissors in my bathroom!). Loving it, so far!
my truth? belle has always been my favorite princess.
she was the only one who loved books as much as i did.
thanks for sharing!
Hmm. Vegan zombies would be awesome ... nom nom nom.
Hahaha! I so agree about the Disney Princesses; I've thought about that too! And the Voldemort thing is too funny! :D
Jen, I don't like the vampire OR the werewolf! I think Bella should find herself a human boyfriend.
It's funny that you mention The Princess Diaries because it was just on TV the other day and I just HAD to watch it! Anne was so young in that movie. :)
Ah, sparkling zombies...
I have not ever read any HP books (loved the movies) and gave up on Twilight in the first chapter (and hated the movies).
Mulan definitely! Ya know, most Disney Princesses don't have a mother in the story, that could be why they are so dense. :)
My truth... I love Truth Thursdays!
#2, 3, 4 called to me. *snort* funny.
And one of my own:
*What's with being famous for just being famous and why in the hell do parents think its okay for their kids to emulate these people. At least the shock jocks and crazy musicians that I found interesting as a teen (and my folks barely tolerated) had jobs, originality and a talent other than being famous.
I love your truths! And I agree - wet dog? Yuck!
LMAO! Your truths cracked me up! And thanks for the mention!
Post a Comment